VCA Veterinary Care Animal Hospital and Referral Center has an opportunity available for an experienced Cardiologist to join our AAHA-accredited, multi-doctor specialty/general practice in scenic Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Signing & Relocation Bonus offered!
The successful candidate will be board-certified or board-eligible by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, and will have advanced, high level training and experience in successfully managing complex cardiac disorders.
Our team includes board certified specialists in Internal Medicine (2), Surgery (2), Oncology (2), Ophthalmology (2), and Dentistry (residency trained). Additionally, we have 6 full time General Practitioners, 2 full time Emergency Doctors, and a current class of 8 Interns engaged in a surgery/medicine/ER/specialty rotating internship.
Our recently remodeled, 22,000 sq. ft. facility features a spacious treatment area, 1500 sq ft ICU, 2 new surgical suites, 9 exam rooms, a comfort room, doctors offices, a conference room, cardiology ultrasound room with GE Vivid 7 ultrasound, GE OEC 9600 C-arm fluoroscopy unit, twelve-lead Phillips PageWriter Trim III ECG, Holter monitors, interventional cardiology catheter equipment, HP Codemaster XL biphasic defibrillator, two digital radiology suites, a helical CT scanner, dedicated operating suites for ophthalmology, soft tissue and orthopedic surgery, an internal medicine ultrasound room with a GE Logic 7 ultrasound machine, endoscopy room, a dedicated chemotherapy room with hood, and a fully equipped in-house diagnostic laboratory and physical therapy room including an under-water treadmill.
Albuquerque is located in the central portion of NM at the base of the Sandia Mountains. Our high desert location provides 4 distinct seasons and mild temperatures year-round. Albuquerque hosts the international balloon fiesta each year. Our well-rounded community offers outdoor activities such as hiking, bike riding, skiing, and boating. We have many local restaurants, breweries and wineries. Our local zoo, aquarium and children’s museum are favorites among children and adults alike. World-class museums, theater, symphony and opera are less than an hour’s drive north in Santa Fe.
The Veterinary Cardiology Specialist—under the guidance of the Medical Director and with the support of the Regional Medical Director—carries out VCA’s promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal. The Cardiologist educates clients and referring veterinarians on, advocates for and strives to deliver the highest quality medical, surgical, dental and nutritional diagnostics, treatment, and preventative care to companion animals.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Residency training with board eligibility or certification in Veterinary Cardiology.
- Ability to become licensed to practice in the state of New Mexico.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- Establish a good rapport with referring veterinarians, including: timely professional and respectful communication; assistance in their professional growth and education through recommendations and interaction on referred and shared cases; ongoing development of a positive and professional working relationship; participation in Continuing Education involving the local referral community.
- Assist in the development and training of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Assist with marketing the services of the specialty practice through a variety of outreach programs, some of which include: making hospital visits to referring veterinarians, assisting with local CE meetings, answering all calls from referring veterinarians promptly, helping with production of hospital newsletters and case reports.
- Assist with the training of interns and residents, under the guidance of the Medical Director.
- Positively represent the hospital and VCA in the professional community and to the general public.
VCA rewards its team members with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
If interested in this opportunity, please click here. You will be taken to the job description on VCAJobs.com, where you can learn more and apply online.