The Ann Arbor Animal Hospital, an AAHA accredited hospital since 2010, is in search of full-time or part-time General Practitioner Veterinarians who have a special interest in Internal Medicine. Due to the growth of our hospital, and the expansion / upgrade of our existing ICU (anticipated completion date of construction is March, 2019), we are looking for DVMs who'd like to grow with us! We’re located on the west side of Ann Arbor, MI where we have been practicing medicine for almost 90 years. We offer Primary Care and Critical Care services during the day, Monday thru Sunday, and run our ER opposite of the PC/CC services. As a team, we're focused on patient care, teamwork, and a client centered focus so we can deliver high quality medicine and ensure a positive work environment. We’re committed to the candidate’s professional growth, development, and career satisfaction. Our ideal candidate will have completed a rotating Small Animal Internship or possesses a minimum of 2 years experience managing emergency or critical cases (while previous experience managing emergency cases is desired, it is not mandatory). From a scheduling perspective, the position primarily requires being scheduled weekdays with rotating weekends and holidays. Our competitive compensation package includes CE, health insurance, SIMPLE IRA, license fees, association dues, etc. Our unique standing in the metro Ann Arbor area makes our hospital a personally and professionally rewarding opportunity. For more information, please visit our website at:
1. Medical & Surgical: (A) Performs physical examinations and other appropriate diagnostic procedures; diagnoses medical or surgical conditions and presents treatment alternatives to the client. (B) Performs medical and surgical (if scheduled in Sx) procedures; provides emergency services in accordance with hospital policy. (C) Promptly and accurately updates client records including completing medical records, treatment plans and rounding before the start and before the end of each shift.
2. Human Resources: (A) Plays a leadership role with LVTs and Assistants; works with them to assess their current skill level then encourages and assists them with both professional and personal growth (proactive coaching). (B) Delivers in-house medical training to staff. (C) Is accessible by staff while maintaining doctor/staff professional relationship.
3. Business Management: (A) Works towards, and attains, hospital productivity standards. (B) Understands and functions in a manner to build patient count and control expenses. (C) Is active in professional organizations.
4. Client Relations: (A) Takes time to communicate in a warm, clear, and concise manner with clients, presenting them with treatment alternatives while being sensitive to their emotional needs and financial status. (B) Sets an example for the staff in dealing with clients; promotes the concept of a client-centered environment. (C) Helps to develop new programs / procedures and works to leverage existing programs / procedures that are designed to meet client needs based on changing medical developments, client needs, etc.
5. Marketing: (A) Evaluates and suggests new, useful pet products or services. (B) Writes one blog per quarter and periodically reviews the hospital's website in order to keep information current and the community informed.
6. Practice Leadership: (A) Leads by example regarding a positive, fun work environment that strives to provide benchmark patient care. (B) Maintains a professional, positive attitude even under stress. (C) Communicates objectives, motivates staff, builds and maintains morale; maintains and role models core values. (D) Attends both DVM and Staff Meetings as an active participant encouraging staff member’s involvement. (E) Promotes cooperative working environment among staff members; understands the value of teamwork; shows enthusiasm and willingness to perform as necessary to help the hospital function as a cohesive, high performing team.
About Ann Arbor Animal Hospital
The Ann Arbor Animal Hospital is a locally owned, full service veterinary clinic in Ann Arbor, Michigan, serving Washtenaw County and the surrounding areas. We are AAHA-accredited and provide routine primary veterinary care by walk-in seven days a week, with limited appointments available Monday through Friday, and Emergency and Critical Care 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. See our website's "About Us" page to learn more.