If you are someone with the ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members and is committed to upholding the veterinary code of ethics while practicing the highest standard of medicine, and you want to work somewhere that want to help you grow and develop, we’d love to talk to you about becoming a member of our team.
We are currently developing our personnel & capabilities in Ultrasound, Endoscopy, Orthopedics, Dentistry, Exotics and Rehabilitation. We would love to talk to you more about how we can grow together!
*Up to $10,000 sign-on/retention bonus
We are looking for an associate veterinarian to provide excellent care at our well-established, small animal veterinary hospital. Doctors and staff at our full-service clinic provide a broad spectrum of diagnostic procedures through in-house testing and the use of external laboratories. We also work closely with local practices when special diagnostic procedures are required. The state-of-the-art facility includes a well-stocked pharmacy, in-hospital surgery suite, in-house x-ray capabilities, diagnostic ultrasound exams, and a closely supervised hospitalization area.
Double surgery suite with new state-of-the-art anesthesia machines
Dental suite with 2 stations and digital dental radiology
Pet Annual Wellness (PAW) Plans
Multi doctor practice with emphasis on teamwork -- cases are commonly shared among multiple doctors to provide best patient care
Emphasis on state of the art medicine, doctors at this practice are always looking for new ways to practice medicine, develop skills, and grow
Licensed technicians available to each on call doctor
Busy walk-in practice that sees a variety of cases
Continuing education and advanced training supported and strongly encouraged
About Owensboro, KY
Owensboro is Kentucky’s fourth-largest city, a hidden gem nestled on a scenic bend of the Ohio River in Western Kentucky. People who visit Owensboro are doing it on purpose – and we make it worth the trip! From Owensboro’s signature barbecued mutton and burgoo to our ties to the roots of bluegrass music, Owensboro is the culinary and cultural hub of western Kentucky.
Owensboro hosts more than 20 annual festivals, including the world-famous International Bar-B-Q Festival, ROMP: Bluegrass Roots & Branches Festival, Big O Music Fest and the Western Kentucky Botanical Garden Daylily Festival. Along with our fun festivals, there are unique attractions and special events in Owensboro nearly every week of the year. Owensboro is home to the International Bluegrass Music Museum, the world’s only facility dedicated to the history and preservation of the history of the genre which originated in western Kentucky. And the Owensboro Museum of Fine Art, Kentucky’s second largest art museum, offers national touring exhibitions, a permanent collection featuring four centuries of American and European art and special interactive galleries for children.
Owensboro is designated as Sports Illustrated Magazine’s #1 Sportstown in Kentucky and is well known for sports and recreation options. With outstanding sports complexes hosting numerous tournaments and individual options like ice skating, disc golf and trail biking, Owensboro is one of the best places in Kentucky and the U.S. to participate in or watch sporting activities.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
* Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
* Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
* Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
* Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
* Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
* Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
* Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
* A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
* Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
* Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
* Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
* Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
* Manages time and tasks appropriately.
* Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
* Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Additional Salary Information: Pay commensurate with experience. (Pro-Sal)
About Kentuckiana Animal Clinic
It is our daily privilege to provide quality veterinary care to our patients and excellent customer service to our clientele. We strive to have a positive impact on our patients, clients and the local community. We understand the special role that our pets play in our families and are dedicated to becoming your partner in continuing to improve your pet's health and quality of life. Our goal is to practice the highest quality veterinary medicine and perform surgery and follow-up care with compassion. Our entire healthcare team is committed to providing personal attention to the unique concerns of each individual pet owner and to the needs of each individual pet with an emphasis on client education.
Here at Kentuckiana, we are a full service companion animal veterinary hospital. Our services and facility are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy pets while offering early detection and treatment of diseases as your pet ages. We are committed to providing complete medical and surgical care as necessary to help promote a healthy and happy life for your pet.
Our clinic offers surgical, medical and dental care for dogs and cats. We also maintain a full-sca...le wellness plans gram for our patients that include annual physical exams, spays & neuters, vaccinations and parasite control. Additionally, at Kentuckiana we have a fully stocked pet pharmacy, microchip placement & registration, boarding, and grooming. We continue to seek additional ways to develop our hospital each day to best serve our clients and patients.