Castle Peak Veterinary Service in Eagle, Colorado is seeking a full-time Veterinary Assistant / Veterinary Technician (CVT/LVT is a plus) to add to our animal loving team of professionals! Mentorship and training available for the right candidate.
Must be reliable, self motivated, team oriented, work well under pressure and comfortable with client interaction and communication.
Job duties include:
* In-Patient Medical Care - administer medications, diagnostics and monitoring, place IV catheters, draw blood, run lab tests ( Idexx equipment on site) administer IV fluids, patient restraint, cleaning, feeding .
* Anesthesia - Induction, maintenance, monitoring and recovery of patients.
* Surgery - Surgical prep, doctor assistance, clean, sterilize, and maintain all surgical instruments and equipment. Know how to categorize and pack surgical instruments.
* Dentistry - Ultrasonic cleaning and polishing.
* Radiology - Digital radiology and dental digital radiology.
* Prescriptions - Dispense medications and fill prescriptions.
* Client communication - Give patient updates, discharge instructions, and provide follow-up for certain hospital cases. Assisting doctor with outpatient appointments and ensuring a smooth and timely flow of appointment from check in to discharge. Assist reception ( when needed) in answering phones, booking appointments and processing invoices.
About Castle Peak Veterinary Service
At Castle Peak Veterinary Service, we take pride in delivering personalized, compassionate care to our patients and their guardians in Eagle, Edwards, Avon, Vail and surrounding areas of Colorado. Our team strives to provide a comfortable environment for our patients and clients, and we want everyone, either two legged or four, to feel welcome as soon as they enter our veterinary clinic. Our hospital opened its doors in 1986 and offers a wide range of medical services and surgeries for dogs and cats in the Vail Valley.