The Land of 10,000 Lakes is a beautiful place to live and work with recreational choices everywhere and plenty of water! Our clinic is far enough away from the city to be able to enjoy wide open spaces but close enough to the city to go to the Guthrie Theater or Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
We are a very busy small animal practice in the far northern suburbs of Minneapolis seeing primarily dogs and cats and a very occasional pocket pet. We practice general medicine and surgeries including spays and neuters, foreign body removals, cystotomies, splenectomies, and tumor removals. We call a board certified surgeon to come in for complicated surgeries and all orthopedics. We have easy access to a board certified ophthalmologist and dermatologist, a veterinary ultrasonographer, and a veterinarian certified in acupuncture and rehab. We perform dentistry with a high speed dental drill, ultrasonic scaler, and digital dental xray. We have whole body digital xray and a Companion brand therapeutic laser unit. We have IDEXX CBC, chemistry, and urinalysis machines in house and submit samples for other tests and biopsies to IDEXX with many results available overnight. We are paperless, using DVMax software. We subscribe to VIN. We have a very busy full-time groomer.
Our staff is knowledgeable, kind, compassionate, thorough, and fun. We enjoy our work because we enjoy each other's company and we work as a team to do a great job for every patient we see.
The biggest question is...why should you work here? The reasons are:
1) You won't be micromanaged yet we collaborate and pick each other's brains whenever we need to. If you are a new grad or don't have a lot of experience yet, we will happily mentor you.
2) You will be encouraged to practice the best medicine you can and always communicate with clients to help them make the best decisions on care for their pets.
3) You will have fun! We come to work ready to work but we laugh a lot too! We organize group outings 2-3 times/year to relax and socialize together. Our staff of 17 all bring different strengths and skill sets to the table, but we all have the same goal: to help our clients take great care of their pets.
4) There is excellent practice purchase potential. The owner would like to retire in 3-4 years and this well-established practice has many long-term clients but constantly sees new ones also. Our sales have increased every year! The practice opened in 2001 and moved to a custom built 5000 sq ft free-standing building in 2011. We recently added three exam rooms for a total of seven.
5) You won't be bored! We see some strange and unusual things that keep our brains stimulated and engaged and remind us constantly of why we chose this field--it's so interesting!
6) We will provide a fair salary based on experience, PTO after six months of employment, health insurance premium subsidy if needed, up to a 3% match of your contribution to a simple IRA after one year of employment, payment of DEA, AVMA & MN licensure, professional liability insurance, and an annual CE subsidy.
MN veterinary licensure, ability to perform wellness exams, work up cases presented for illness, comfort with soft tissue surgeries including: spays, neuters, occasional declaws, cystotomies, GI surgery, tumor removals. Excellent communication skills with clients. Ability to work as a team with your colleagues and technicians. Ability to multitask and write medical records efficiently.
Additional Salary Information: Health care insurance subsidy if needed, dues paid to AVMA & MVMA. DEA licensure paid. Option to participate in 3% matched simple IRA after one year of employment. PTO after 6 months of employment.
About Oak Grove Animal Hospital
Busy small animal practice established in 2001, seven PT veterinarians, 6 vet techs, 3 receptionists, 1 groomer.