Brazos Valley Animal Hospital and Pet Resort is a full service small animal veterinary hospital specializing in providing high quality medicine to our patients and outstanding client service. The practice is located on the south side of College Station, off of W. D. Fitch and Arrington Road. We are currently looking to hire a full-time licensed veterinary technician or technician with experience. As this is a new practice, the person needs to be a team player with good people skills. Normal hospital hours are Monday - Friday 8AM - 6PM, and 8am- 12 pm Saturdays. Hourly pay will be determined by experience.
Job duties will include: • Ensuring that clients and pets feel welcome and comfortable
• Assisting veterinarians to provide compassionate nursing care
• Performing cursory exams and prepping animals for aseptic surgery
• Monitoring anesthetic patients and performing dental cleanings
• Cleaning, maintaining, and preparing surgical instruments and equipment
• Maintaining accurate medical records
• Filling prescriptions as directed by a veterinarian, and explaining prescription directions
• Assisting receptionists with check-in and checkout procedures and providing telephone support
• Performing various laboratory tests
Additional Salary Information: Scrub allowance, CE allowance, Staff pet discount, Vacation days
About Brazos Valley Animal Hospital and Pet Resort
Brazos Valley Animal Hospital and Pet Resort is a full service small animal veterinary hospital and pet resort located in College Station, Texas. We specialize in providing high quality medicine to our patients and outstanding client service. We are located on the south side of College Station, off of W. D. Fitch and Arrington Road. We are currently looking to hire a full-time veterinarian. We are looking for someone who is upbeat with a positive attitude, and is a team player! Normal hospital hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8AM - 6PM on weekdays and 10am-2pm on Saturdays.