group medical available,
4 day work week,
SKVMA dues paid,
DVM or equivalent
Come join our team at Lake Cumberland Animal Hospital, a growing privately-owned practice in one of the fastest growing communities in the Bluegrass state! We are a full service general small animal practice, and also a teaching hospital in partnership with Lincoln Memorial University Veterinary School.
Are you looking for a practice where you can practice good quality small animal medicine, and yet still live out in the country? Would you like land to roam and yet still be able to commute to work in less than 20 minutes? Then Somerset, KY might be a good fit for you.
What are we looking for?
· Someone looking for a healthy balance between providing high quality veterinary care to our patients and enjoying a high quality of life for themselves and their family outside of the clinic.
· Someone who enjoys building relationships with pet owners as much as providing veterinary care to their pets
What can we offer?
· A fully equipped companion animal veterinary hospital, (in-house UA/CBC/Chemistry, digital X-ray, ultrasound, therapy laser) in the thriving small town community of Somerset, KY.
· A four-day work week. The hospital is open 8AM to 6PM Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. and 9AM to 5PM on Saturdays. The hospital is closed on Wednesdays and Sundays.
· Compensation package that includes paid time off, matching retirement contributions, healthcare options, large CE allowances, and discounted fees for personal pets. Starting salary commensurate with experience.
· A great place to live. The Pulaski County Somerset area is a hidden gem. The cost of living is low yet the level of services is surprisingly high. The area abounds with recreational opportunities from fishing and boating on Lake Cumberland to exploring the beauty of Daniel Boone National Forrest and the Big South Fork National Recreation Area.
· A progressive hospital environment that encourages sharing ideas and perspectives on the practice of veterinary medicine and is able to adapt and stay current with the fast-changing field. We welcome all applicants and our hospital has experienced veterinarians who enjoy mentoring and forming working relationships with newer graduates.
Kentucky DVM License (Required)
Four 10 hour shifts per week (three days off)
Emergency Call for current clients only (no unattached call)
Health Insurance available
Paid Time Off
Veterinary degree and license to practice veterinary medicine in the state of Kentucky.
Lake Cumberland Animal HospitalOur Moto : We Care ~ Pet CareOur Mission Statement : The mission of Lake Cumberland Animal Hospital is to provide compassionate medical and surgical care for our patients, personalized service to our clients, and an enjoyable workplace for our employees. We will constantly improve our knowledge and skills, pay meticulous attention to details, and conduct our practice with the highest of ethical standards. we will be advocates for the welfare of our animal patients.