Come join our team! We are looking to grow with an associate veterinarian position opening in the Finger Lakes Region of central New York. The Groton City Animal Hospital is a 2.5 doctor mixed animal practice that provides wellness, surgical, dental, and select emergency services for dogs, cats, horses, donkeys, small ruminants, camelids and pot bellied pigs.
• Family oriented private practice with loyal staff focusing on wellness care and client education
• Great work life balance with a 4 day work week and shared on call
• The practice is currently 75% small animal and 25% large animal with room for flexibility on your mix of patients
• Flexible schedule for full or part time hours
• Steady case load with lots of variety
• Opportunity for expansion of personal interests in vet med and expanding services within the practice – want to work on a new species? Great! Get a new certification? Awesome!
• New grads welcome with mentorship by experienced DVM's available; experience, especially with camelids and small ruminants, encouraged
• Senior technical staff with over 30+ years of experience
• 3:1 small animal tech to doctor ratio with technicians in room during appointments
• Dedicated large animal technicians to assist the doctors on the road and in house with treatments, billing and lab work.
• Options for telemedicine
• Large and small animal emergency and specialist hospitals available locally for referral
• Benefits include health insurance/paid CE/DEA license and professional memberships/life insurance/ retirement plan
DVM or equivalent required. New York state accreditation or eligibility required.
Groton City Animal Hospital is a 2.5 doctor mixed animal practice in the heart of the Finger Lakes region of Central New York. We provides wellness and surgical care for small and most large animals (no bovine work). Our practice is a progressive client education oriented private practice with exceptional techinical staff and a highly collegial group of doctors.